[GRASS-dev] r.in.pdf

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Mon Jun 7 13:15:55 EDT 2010

Mohammed Rashad pisze:
> what about making a script or program in addon for doing these
> operation in single click or command
>
> --
> Rashad

I do not see much sense of create such script. It would be rather source
of frustration, none can predict what can be in pdf so how to divide
geographical information from others like legends, symbols etc during
rasterisation or which vector is geographical data and which is not?

Esri solution concerns GeoPDF, created with ESRI and imported back as
set of data and ESRI layers so I is not a good example. I think that
problem of importing GeoPDF is rather a problem for GDAL/OGR dev team.
And AFAIK they do not work on it due to it is porperatly format. Maybe
ask GDAL devs about details.

Jarek