[GRASS-dev] Weekly reports #2 wxNviz

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jun 9 13:23:50 EDT 2010

Martin Landa wrote:

> 2) What do I plan to do this week [3]
>
> * Finish lighting and probably I would like to start implementing decorations.

I don't suppose there's any chance that you can take this opportunity
to sort out the mess that is OGSF's state management?

The lighting and material parameters are stored in half a dozen
different places (some of them completely pointless, e.g.
ogl_{light,mat}_* in gsd_prim.c).

A good test of whether the design is sane is to try replicating the
current view in another window with a different context. If it takes
pages of code to get the current state out of the libraries, or if you
end up storing the same information in both the application and the
libraries, then the design is wrong.