[GRASS-dev] Re: [SoC] Parallelization of RST modules of GRASS GIS

Abhishek Shukla abhishek_shukla at students.iiit.ac.in
Tue Mar 16 01:45:25 EDT 2010

Dr. Helena

I was wondering about which platform to consider for parallelization of
v.surf.rst , v.vol.rst etc.  Till now I was thinking to do it for GPU and
Cell BE.  If doing it in OpenCL or OpenMP will increase its usability ,
doing it on those platforms makes more sense.  Currently I am planning to do
this on CUDA <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA> before gsoc starts in May .
My plan for gsoc is to this in OpenCL, so the project may be titled
 something like "Rewriting RST modules of GRASS GIS in OpenCL" .

Has anyone signed up already for mentoring this project ?

I am starting to do system of linear equations now on CUDA (for GPU) .
Please keep me posted about any information on other time consuming part of
RST modules.

---
Abhishek Shukla
Center for Security, Theory And Algorithm Research (CSTAR)
International Institute of Information Technology
Hyderabad
India
http://www.iiit.ac.in/