[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [GRASS-user] How to embed a grass script (for example v.db.addcol) into a Pythonscript on windows?

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Wed Mar 31 14:39:38 EDT 2010

Hi Glynn,

We've tried the things below and are not getting anywhere. I don't know if we simply don't understand something (I'm not a Windows person, but the 2 students copied are) or there is something more we need to do.

So far, we've installed Python from python.org. We've installed it where it normally goes (at the C:\ root) and tried it in Programs.

We've substituted your batch file below for the one that comes with GRASS 6.4 svn for Windows.

After doing this and trying to run python at the MSys GRASS prompt, it simply comes back to a blank line, as if waiting for something. No Python shell. Is this the wrong way to test this?

If GRASS Python is working for you, we must be close. But I simply don't know how to proceed. Any advice would be welcome.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu