[GRASS-dev] New GRASS module (shell script)

Juergen Hansmann Juergen.Hansmann at erdw.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 18 09:15:20 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I am new to this list and not quite sure, wether this is the right place
to submit a shell script for a new module for GRASS.
As I worked with digital elevation data of Switzerland, that is provided
by swisstopo, I wrote some simple scripts to import them into GRASS
raster maps.
GRASS is really great and I enjoy it a lot.
So I wanted to contribute to it, as good as I can. Maybe, some other
people find my code useful.

So, please find the module "r.in.swisstopo" atached to this mail.
I tried to be compatible with the "submitting scripts" rules.
It would be a great honor for me, if the r.in.swisstopo was accepted for
GRASS.

Tested the code with some sample DEM data, provided by swisstopo here:
http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/de/home/products/downloads/height/dhm25.parsys.44245.downloadList.34868.DownloadFile.tmp/matterhorn.zip
r.in.swisstopo should be able to import the three formats: *.mlt, *.mbl
and *.xyz into a raster map.

Thanks for any comments!
Greetings from Switzerland,
Juergen

--
*NEW* Please have a look at the excursion that I offer at 'Erlebnis Geologie' (May 28th and 29th) in Switzerland:
http://www.erlebnis-geologie.ch/d/geo/geoevent.php?id=244

_____________________________
Juergen Hansmann

Engineering Geology