[GRASS-dev] g.extension in GRASS 6.5

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu May 6 15:41:54 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> Unless something has changed in the past couple weeks, Python scripts do not run
> in Windows (although Python does run from within the wxGUI environment).

OK, so they partially run.
This seems to indicate that not the scripts are broken but the calling
mechanism?
Anyway, the related trac ticket will discuss this...

> That is,
> g.extension won't run from the MSys or Windows command window. I'm not sure
> if it will run even from the wxGUI menu. IMHO, it is very important that we solve this issue.

In the first place g.extension could be added to the wxGUI menu (as
Windows users
know it for the R-GUI in R-stats) to get this functionality in.

Markus