[GRASS-dev] diglib test.c fails on 64bit win

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Thu May 13 14:51:20 EDT 2010

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Metz wrote:
>
>> > Also, are there any cases where we pass an off_t to a third-party
>> > library? Because that would require the library to use a 64-bit off_t
>> > (this is one of the reasons why _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 has to be
>> > explicitly enabled).
>>
>> But even with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64, off_t in trunk is 32 bit when
>> compiled with MING32, right?
>
> Right. MinGW doesn't use _FILE_OFFSET_BITS and doesn't have any
> equivalent, i.e. there is no built-in mechanism to "redirect" off_t,
> lseek, stat etc to their 64-bit equivalents.

In summary, it seems that grass libraries have no access to a 64-bit
off_t when compiled in MINGW32, also with ./configure
--enable-largefile.

To avoid confusion, on MINGW32 it would be better to not use
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and don't set USE_LARGEFILES and HAVE_LARGEFILES
even if LFS is requested? Unset/undefine somewhere in configure.in or
a bit later in config.h.in USE_LARGEFILES and HAVE_LARGEFILES for
MINGW32?