[GRASS-dev] makefile for Mac still not compiling wxpython GUI section automatically

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Mon May 17 16:49:19 EDT 2010

I installed ctypesgen and this fixed the ../lib/python error. In fact, if I compile ../gui/wxpython, all compiles fine. BUT I hit the following error when I try to do a make install. A really weird error. I AM in the top level directory. I put ctypesgen inside my GRASS source, but otherwise haven't done anything to change this setup.

Michael

cmb-mbp:grass70_dev cmbarton$ sudo make install
Password:
include/Make/Docs.make:11: warning: overriding commands for target `htmldocs-single'
include/Make/Doxygen.make:12: warning: ignoring old commands for target `htmldocs-single'
include/Make/Docs.make:39: warning: overriding commands for target `htmldocs'
include/Make/Doxygen.make:18: warning: ignoring old commands for target `htmldocs'
include/Make/Docs.make:51: warning: overriding commands for target `pdfdocs'
include/Make/Doxygen.make:38: warning: ignoring old commands for target `pdfdocs'
include/Make/Docs.make:58: warning: overriding commands for target `cleandocs'
include/Make/Doxygen.make:50: warning: ignoring old commands for target `cleandocs'
echo /Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass70_dev/bin.i386-apple-darwin10.3.1/grass70
/Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass70_dev/bin.i386-apple-darwin10.3.1/grass70
include/Make/Docs.make:11: warning: overriding commands for target `htmldocs-single'
include/Make/Doxygen.make:12: warning: ignoring old commands for target `htmldocs-single'
include/Make/Docs.make:39: warning: overriding commands for target `htmldocs'
include/Make/Doxygen.make:18: warning: ignoring old commands for target `htmldocs'
include/Make/Docs.make:51: warning: overriding commands for target `pdfdocs'
include/Make/Doxygen.make:38: warning: ignoring old commands for target `pdfdocs'
include/Make/Docs.make:58: warning: overriding commands for target `cleandocs'
include/Make/Doxygen.make:50: warning: ignoring old commands for target `cleandocs'
make -C macosx install-macosx
echo /Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass70_dev/dist.i386-apple-darwin10.3.1/GRASS-7.0.app
/Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass70_dev/dist.i386-apple-darwin10.3.1/GRASS-7.0.app
ERROR: GRASS.app has not been compiled. Try "make" in the top level source dir first.
  Installation aborted, exiting Make.

C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu