[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] grass 7 monitor

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue May 25 11:16:56 EDT 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 5:52 AM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:14:50 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] grass 7 monitor
> To: GRASS developers list <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>,  Markus Neteler
>        <neteler at osgeo.org>
>
> Hamish:
>>> - python scripts are not happy on WinGrass (apparently
>>> ok in 6.5, so selective backporting of code should fix
>>> this)
> Markus N:
>> Where to look into that?
>
> the trick is knowing what needs backporting :)
>
> AFAIU Glynn's last comments on it stated that g.parser's -s flag had been
> backported already but the grass.python library needed to be updated to
> use it. Seems like an obvious place to start. (& see RelCrit trac ticket)
>
> Michael seems to be at the coalface of encountering it. I'm not using
> WinGrass or python scripts much in my work so just my understanding..
>

> Hamish

Indeed. The students wrestling with this are leaving for summer fieldwork soon. But if there is a version that is supposed to work with Python scripts, I've got people here with scripts that they'd like to run. My papers describing advanced surface process modeling with GRASS are starting to appear at a national level. So there may be considerably more interest in this very soon.

Michael