[GRASS-dev] wxGUI modeler

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 18 15:43:40 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,

I have tried the nice modeller and would like to suggest one thing (since I
played a lot this weekend with the Sextante modeller, I would be happy to
see this addition):

Some/many users (like me) thinks from the data side. So it would be nice
to have, like in Sextante, another "data" icon which simply contains the
name of a raster or vector map. Then, when loading a module into the
modeller, the module could take this as input. See for illustration

http://www.gvsig.com/files/images/screenshots/gvSIG_Sextante_02.png

Nothing urgent of course...

-----
Then I found an issue when saving the model as Python script.

GRASS 6.4.2svn (nc_spm_08):~ > python runiv.py
"Unable to fetch interface description..."

I guess that it actually fails due to the "funny" encoding in the first line:

GRASS 6.4.2svn (nc_spm_08):~/grass64 > ~/runiv.py --interface-description
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ANSI_X3.4-1968"?>
<!DOCTYPE task SYSTEM "grass-interface.dtd">
<task name="runiv.py">
        <flag name="verbose">
                <description>
                        Verbose module output

while:

GRASS 6.4.2svn (nc_spm_08):~/grass64 > r.univar
--interface-description 2>&1 | head
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE task SYSTEM "grass-interface.dtd">
<task name="r.univar">
        <description>
                Calculates univariate statistics from the non-null
cells of a raster map.

However, this works:

~/runiv.py help
Usage:
 runiv.py [--verbose] [--quiet]
Flags:
 --v   Verbose module output
 --q   Quiet module output

No idea where this encoding comes from...

Markus