[GRASS-dev] QGIS processing framework

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Apr 28 03:13:48 EDT 2011

Hi all.
At the hackfest in Lisbon we started discussing the development of a
QGIS processing framework, to unify the addition of OTB, SAGA, and
possibly other external analytical sw. This is very exciting because it
will allow, if developed properly, the creation of analytical pipelines
even across different sw. The project has started well, because OTB has
resources for development, and the SAGA plugin has been funded by GSoC.
I think it is important that GRASS will join the bandwagon, so that the
framework will accommodate also GRASS needs.
See the thread at:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2011-April/014057.html
I'll be glad of knowing your feelings about this.
All the best.