[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 66, Issue 30

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Aug 17 14:53:56 EDT 2011

Madi and Vasek,

I have not been able to look at the diff, and Martin Landa should have a chance to look this over in detail too and comment because he is doing most of the GUI code work currently.

The current mouse API is used in many display contexts in GRASS currently--main display, georectifer display, profile display, digitizing display, etc.

If this is an improvement to the existing API, it might be a good addition to GRASS. However, I'm reluctant to add a *new* mouse API in *addition* to the existing API because that would make the code much more difficult to use and understand for future coders and maintainers.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: 	http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
		http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton