[GRASS-dev] how to use graphical modeler

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Aug 26 01:49:36 EDT 2011

I was procrastinating this evening and tried to use the new graphical modeler so I could teach it to others. I was going to try the following work flow:

vector streams map -> v.to.rast -> raster streams map -> r.buffer -> raster streams buffer map -> r.to.vect -> vector polygons of raster buffers of different buffer distances from the streams

Unfortunately, I could not figure out how it works. I can create an action (module) box and data (maps) ellipses. But nothing happens when I press the connectors button, except that the cursor turns into a cross.

What is the proper procedure to create a simple model like I described?

Thanks
Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)