[GRASS-dev] error with libgrass_dbmidriver.so

rabotin rabotin at supagro.inra.fr
Fri Aug 26 10:42:05 EDT 2011

Dear all,
I'm developping a simple C++ script on ubuntu 11.04 64 bits with grass
6.4.1. The script open a polygon vector which already exists and display
the attributes on the screen.
The begin of the script seems to be correct :
(...)
drivername=db_get_default_driver_name();
databasename=db_get_default_database_name();
(...)
Vect_set_open_level(2);
Vect_open_old(&In, layername,"");
Fi=Vect_default_field_info(&In,1,NULL,GV_1TABLE);
std::cout<<" init driver "<<drivername<<" " <<databasename<<" "
<<layername<<std::endl;
(...)
// returns on the screen : init driver dbf
$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/ segmented8

And after  when trying to open the driver with

driver = db_start_driver_open_database(Fi->driver, Fi->database);

I have the following error :
/usr/lib/grass64/driver/db/dbf: error while loading shared libraries:
libgrass_dbmidriver.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
dbmi: Protocol error

If I try  with an other command like this one:
driver=db_start_driver(drivername);

I've got the same error.

Does anyone know what can be wrong in my script ? For information, I've
a got an other grass session open (but no in the same location) on my
computer when I launch this script; but I think that having several
grass sessions open in same time can't be a problem, no ?

Thanks for any answers !!

Michael Rabotin

--
*********************************

Michaël Rabotin
Ingénieur d'étude en géomatique / GIS Engineer

Laboratoire d'étude des Interactions Sol, Agrosystème et Hydrosystème

UMR LISAH Montpellier SupAgro-INRA-IRD
Bat. 24
2 place Viala
34060 Montpellier cedex 1
FRANCE

Laboratory Interactions between Soils, Agrosystems and Hydrosystems (LISAH)
Multi-Institute Research Unit (UMR)
French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA)
French Institute for Research and Overseas Development (IRD)
International Center for Higher Education in Agricultural Sciences (Montpellier SupAgro)

Téléphone / Phone number :  33 (0)4 99 61 23 85
Secrétariat / Secretariat : 33 (0)4 99 61 22 61
Fax : 33 (0)4 67 63 26 14
E-mail : rabotin at supagro.inra.fr
Site web / website: http://www.umr-lisah.fr/
Site web OpenFLUID / OpenFLUID website: http://www.umr-lisah.fr/openfluid/