[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r49533 - grass/branches/develbranch_6/gui/scripts

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 08:37:05 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/12/7 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
>> This is not some massive re-ordering, this is making
>> g.extension be a tidy citizen and finish its install, as it
>> should have been from the start.
>
> how you would call that, mirror reordering?;-) Only one file which is
> not touched (moved) is html file.

seems to be like a joke - "finish its install" ;-) The fact is that
you call `make install` in `g.extension` and then you move the files
around with one exception (html file). That's bad idea itself.

My personal remarks:

1) do with `g.extension` in G6 everything what makes you satisfied. I
am not going to comment it any more.

I personally don't want to continue in this kind of discussion,
because it's not a discussion. You have decided how the things will be
at the beginning. Moreover I really feel this topic as mirror, or
better to say I am very surprised that you are able to spend with
hacking `g.extension` in G6 so much time.

2) important thing is RC3 - you have requested that, but it's not
clear (at least for me) why and what you would like to do with
`g.extension` in G64.

Martin