[GRASS-dev] GRASS extensions/addons mismatch

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Wed Dec 14 16:26:52 EST 2011

My rationale is that I and others use the addons directory as a place to store our own bash/python scripts. These are not installed by g.extension. It is a royal pain putting them into a hidden directory and managing them there. Many Mac users do not know how to access such hidden directories. Even it you do, you cannot use the finder to do so without altering all hidden directories with a script. You can access such directories in the GUI file systems of linux systems I've used.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: 	http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
		http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton