[GRASS-dev] Re: path name containing spaces - error on windows 7

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Dec 21 07:50:25 EST 2011

Hi,

    Margherita wrote:
    > I'm reporting an error on behalf of a student.
    > She tried to install Wingrass 6.4RC2 on her
    > Windoze 7 machine and got the following error[1]

how was it installed? right click and "run as admin"?

>On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Hamish
>the error message is because MSys doesn't like
>to be in C:\Program Files\ (it wants to be in e.g.
>C:\osgeo4w\) and comes from mswindows/osgeo4w/msys.bat
>
>but, GRASS-Packager.bat should have run:
>rem delete msys.bat from osgeo4w because there is an adaption (for spaces
in installation path) written >by GRASS-Installer.nsi
>del %PACKAGE_DIR%\msys\msys.bat

this adapted msys.bat wasn't touched more than a year or so.

>The problem is both in WinGRASS-6.4.2RC2-1-Setup.exe from [1] and on daily
WinGRASS-6.4.SVN-r49821-1-Setup.exe from [2].
> Problem raises starting GRASS. Then, GRASS starts without the terminal.

I haven't tried these above mentioned wingrass-installer-version here on my
win7-64bit-box, I'll try it. but I had not any problems with daily builds on
this win7-64bit-box

Helmut