[GRASS-dev] how can I change r.watershed GUI ?

Mohammed Rashad mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 05:37:27 EST 2011

Hey Sandip,
As I said earlier in GRASS there is no indivual code for each gui. each
module has a predefined interface description
Grass gui parses this and create a gui when you execute r.wastershed from
GRASS.

if you need to change gui you can do it but you are on your own. no one
will do the job for you. if you have grass gis question ask
we will defenitely answer if we know.

For your question

you need to create a python code for it (ofcourse you can choose C if you
like) procedure is same
you need build
1. form/wxWindow like you want(first screenshot)
2. allow user to fill the parameters
3. pass the parameters to r.wastershed module using gcmd
gcmd.RunCommand(r.watershed --input=.....)
if you want r.wastershed as a standalone module then you need to inherit
classes from from mapwindow,mapdisp etc....

i need to type more but need to go..  By the time you think about what I
said

Also let other developers also reply

Hope this help

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Sandip Maity <sandip.stesalit at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I want to change r.watershed GUI.
>
> I had change the GUI by changing menu.c in r.watershed->front folder and
> then make command. After that i replaced the new r.watershed.exe to the
> bin. The GUI is coming like 2nd attachment.
>
> but, i want to change like 1st attachment file.
>
> Please see the attachment and suggest the way.
>
> Regards.
>
> Sandip.

Regards,
    Rashad