[GRASS-dev] how can I change r.watershed GUI ?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 22 06:22:23 EST 2011

The easiest way to create a different GUI is probably to write a
simple script (bash for GRASS 6, Python for GRASS 7) where you can
change the name of options and in what GUI section they are to appear,
and then within the script create the command line for the regular
r.watershed and execute that command. If you then type the name of the
GRASS script on the command line, a GUI is automatically created using
the information in the header of the script. Have a look at existing
scripts in the scripts directory for inspiration. No need to write or
change C code.

Markus M