[GRASS-dev] Re: path name containing spaces - error on windows 7

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Dec 22 16:05:03 EST 2011

>>    how was it installed? right click and "run as admin"?
>
>No, just double click on it.. Is this the right way to install it?

just a double click is "normal" on WinVista/Win7 (the wingrass should ask
automatically for admin rights for install), but on winxp a right click and
"run as admin" is required to have rights for installing in C:\Program
Files, it's an very old issue here on the windows side. :-(

unfortunately and contrary to linux, in windows - also in WinVista/Win7 -
there can be a lot different flavours how rights to install in C:\Program
Files are set.

just give it a try with a right click and run as admin ...

>Other students have installed the above mentioned versions as well without
problems. The problem raises >only on one machine.

unfortunately I can't reproduce it here neither on my WinVista-32bit nor on
my Win7-64box.

best regards
Helmut