[GRASS-dev] r.series and r.series.interpol

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 30 09:56:48 EST 2011

Dear all,
just for your information. I have added a new option to r.series to
specify a weighting factor to each map in a series. Weighting is
needed to aggregate overlapping/containing interval time series
correctly in case of average and sum operations. The new temporal
modules tr.aggregate and tr.aggregate.ds need this option.

Furthermore i have added a new module (r.series.interpol) to
interpolate raster map series located temporal or spatial in between
existing raster maps. This module is still under development and
implements currently only simple linear interpolation in a normalized
interval. I plan to implement step-wise linear interpolation[1] and
natural cubic spline interpolation[2].

Because of the large amount of files related to the unit and
regression tests located in the modules directory, we should use a
dedicated one.  Hence, i will move successively all files related to
testing into new directories named "test" located in the module
directories.

Best regards and happy new year 2012
Soeren

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpolation#Linear_interpolation