[GRASS-dev] compiling in osgeo4w - configure: error: *** Unable to locate zlib library

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 15:02:42 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/2/20 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> Helmut wrote:
>> i can confirm this with your recent changes in svn with
>> r45429 etc. for grass6-develbranch.
>
> fwiw, that needs to be reverted, then audited and real fixes
> committed piecemeal. it's a collection of private patches and
> hacks to get it to run on the osgeo4w stack, not project wide
> solutions. e.g. it simply comments out a problematic autoconf
> search for geos, and a bunch more like that.

I agree that some changes need to be fixed/reverted. Anyway 80% of
changes are relevant, so I do not feel that it should be reverted all.
The winGRASS packaging is broken for more then 10 days, I don't think
that this commit made situation worse than it is now. Unfortunately I
will have time for it on Tuesday not earlier.

Martin