[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r44977 - in grass/trunk: gui/wxpython/xml imagery imagery/i.evapo.PT

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 06:53:21 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/1/12 Yann Chemin <yann.chemin at gmail.com>:
> (Thx, did not read that one yet, so did now)
>
> I would tend to agree with Jarek too.
>
> The use of Module keywords should facilitate the three layers
> mentioned, and maybe special keywords like "core", "toolbox",
> "experimental" could permit three levels of compilation of GRASS GIS
> (Basic, Advanced, Dev).

user should have possibility to easily install

1) whole toolboxes, eg. `g.toolbox toolbox=hydrology` would install
all modules related to hydrology

2) modules, eg. g.extension extension=r.stream` would install only
given module (or it could be integrated in g.toolbox)

Of course we could distribute packages with common toolboxes like now
we are doing. I think it would make development more transparent. The
core would contain only libs and small subset of modules with high
stability (grass/trunk), toolboxes maintained and stable modules
(grass-tools/trunk) and the reset could be in grass-addons.

Martin