[GRASS-dev] Bad map deletion beahviour with external OGR sources

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 10:58:25 EST 2011

I Think I found a problem with OGR datasources linked
in using v.external.

If I change into a directory with shapefiles and then
issue the following to link in the data in "myShapefile.shp":

  v.external dsn=. layer=myShapefile output=linked_in

And then change into another directory and issue any command
that wants to work on "linked_in", e.g.:

  g.remove vect=linked_in
  v.info linked_in

I get:

  ERROR: Cannot open layer 'myShapefile'

But when I change back into the directoy where I used
to be when running the v.external command, it works.

So I think v.external should take care to always link
to the absolute location of the source in the file
system (if I specify "dsn=" as an absolute path,
things work fine).

Ben

------