[GRASS-dev] Default removal type in g.remove

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 11:02:39 EST 2011

If I run g.remove with the onle the name of a non-existing
map, I get this:

  g.remove tmp
  Removing raster <tmp>
  WARNING: Raster map <tmp> not found
  WARNING: <tmp> nothing removed

This indicates that g.remove tries to remove a raster of
name "tmp" by default. I am not sure this is good behaviour.
What if the user meant a vector map and forgot to explicitely
type "vect=tmp". In such a case, the wrong map might gets
deleted, instead of just an error message being issued.

Also, the synopsis for g.remove does not indicate that there
is a default removal type.

I am not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour.

Ben

------