[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 CLI startup

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:22:21 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/1/14 Benjamin Ducke <benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk>:
> I just installed grass7 and attempted to start it
> in CLI-only mode, never having started it before
> on my machine:
>
>  grass70 -text
>
> The result (after the Welcome message) was:
>
> Starting GRASS GIS...
> /home/benni/<UNKNOWN>/<UNKNOWN>/.gislock: No such file or directory
> ERROR: /usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/etc/lock:
> Unable to properly access "/home/benni/<UNKNOWN>/<UNKNOWN>/.gislock"
> Please notify system personel.
>
> Before I file a ticket: did I overlook something?
> I'd hate to have to notify my system personel ;)

r45116 introduces error message for this case.

$ grass70 -text
Unable to start GRASS. You can:
 - Launch GRASS with '-gui' switch (`grass70 -gui`)
 - Create manually GISRC file (/home/martin/.grass7/rc)
 - Launch GRASS with path to the location/mapset as an argument
(`grass70 /path/to/location/mapset`)

Martin