[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS Test suite

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 1 16:13:27 EDT 2011

Hi Anne,
i will put the GRASS test suite implementation discussion on the dev
list if you don't mind? :)

>> A segfault should not happen. All tests run on my systems very well
>> (latest grass7, openSuse 11.2).
>> Do you use the latest grass7 trunk? Can you please use gdb to hunt
>> down the error, i will fix it.
>
> I use GRASS 7 r 46894, compiled this morning, on Fedora 14 64bit.
>
> `r3.colors -e map=volume_double_null rules=example1`
>
> this command segfaults at raster/r.colors/stats.c, line 155, with
> invalid pointer:
>
> G_free(dcell);
>
> Markus looked at the problem and suggested this patch, line 150:
>
>    if (type == RASTER_TYPE) {
>        Rast_close(fd);
>        G_free(dcell);
>    }
>
> (sorry for patch format but it's such a tiny modification)

Many thanks for the patch, i have committed your solution to svn. Good
to have some tests. :)

> I see that in the wiki the part about Python has been removed, which
> parts of the system we drafted in Prague are still valid?

Not much. :)

> I'm fine with setting up the Python part of the framework. I fear that
> as I'm not familiar with makefiles, it's better to ask Glynn and the dev
> list for guidance too.

I have updated the wiki with more implementation details for the
Python test framework:

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Test_Suite#Implementation

This is just a very draft concept but it hopefully shows the
implementation approach i have in mind. IMHO the implementation should
not be very complex, except the ability of the framework to act as a
simple shell.

Regarding the Make system: unfortunately i am not familiar with
Makefile handling too, so i am no help on this topic.

Should we move the wiki page to the new trac wiki or can we leave it
in the old? I would suggest to move ... .

Best regards
Soeren