Re: [GRASS-dev] wxNviz volumes

Anna Kratochvílová KratochAnna at seznam.cz
Sat Jul 2 07:35:42 EDT 2011

Hello Helena,

> >> - I tried volumes in wxnviz but I did not get too far - the GUI does not see
> any
> >> of my 3d rasters -
> >> the browser for 3D raster maps shows the mapsets but nothing in them
> >
> > It should be ok now.
>
> It still does not work for me - when I am setting the 3D region (from set region
> to match this 3D raster) they show up,
> but not when I try to add it under wxnviz>Volume. Am I missing something? Should
> I be adding them as map layers
> first somewhere?

3D raster must be loaded from the layer manager toolbar first like any other maps do.
In wxnviz only loaded maps (in Map layers tab) are offered. You tried this and it still doesn't work?
Maybe I'm missing something.

I was able to find just the Slovakia3D dataset. Could you tell me where I can find any other volumes
for better testing?

I would like to ask if the new feature - generating commands for nviz_cmd is ok or if the interface should look
differently (where the output should be written etc.). So if you have some ideas please tell me.

Anna