[GRASS-dev] G3d library code review and raster lib tile approach

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 04:28:56 EDT 2011

Soeren wrote:
> [...]
Glynn:
> > > GDAL is already almost mandatory.
Hamish:
> > the bit I worry about is putting so much of the core
> > functionality onto a 3rd party sole-supplier over which
> > we have limited control.
Markus:
> ... especially in the light of this change:
> http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.com/2011/06/joining-google.html

hmmm.. interesting. well I am not too worried about the future
of GDAL, it has a good community around it. What I wonder though
is who will take the reigns of PROJ.4? it's already a bit under-
resourced and if there's less FW to go around, I suppose his
energy would veer towards GDAL first.

Hamish