Re: [GRASS-dev] wxNviz volumes

Anna Kratochvílová KratochAnna at seznam.cz
Sun Jul 3 07:45:33 EDT 2011

Hello,

> There are still a few issues
>
> - levels for isosurfaces need to be floating point - now, if I set it to 0.5 I
> get 0
> - redraw is not working automatically - I need to change view to get redraw
> (similar to what we had for 2D raster surfaces)
> - I think the emission parameter can be removed
>
> When working with two volumes (I will include several volumes in the test data
> set
> for you to try this out):
>
> - when second volume is added the list of isosurfaces needs to be cleared,
> it becomes all mixed up - I can get several levels with the same value and
> it is not clear to which volume which applies
>
> - isosurfaces for second volume stay black even after I changed color to
> constant red
> (it looks like they don't get any light)
>
> - after switching off the second volume in map layers it disapears but when I
> switch it back on
> and define isosurface for it, the isosurfaces do not come back.
>
> - volumes need position control similar to the surfaces - e.g. I have
> isosurfaces from two volumes
> and I need to view them both overlayed and separated (e.g. above each other -
> to see the spatial relationship

I will look at this week.

> when I click on the Generate command for nviz_cmd nothing happens, here is the
> traceback:
>
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "/Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/dist.i386-apple-
> > darwin10.7.0/etc/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/toolbars.py", line
> > 1353, in OnNvizCmd
> >
> > self.lmgr.GetLogWindow().WriteLog(text = cmd, switchPage =
> > True)
> > File "/Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/dist.i386-apple-
> > darwin10.7.0/etc/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/goutput.py", line
> > 385, in WriteLog
> >
> > self.cmd_output.SetStyle()
> > File "/Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/dist.i386-apple-
> > darwin10.7.0/etc/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/goutput.py", line
> > 1019, in SetStyle
> >
> > settings = preferences.Settings()
> > File "/Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/dist.i386-apple-
> > darwin10.7.0/etc/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/preferences.py",
> > line 64, in __init__
> >
> > self.filePath = os.path.join(utils.GetSettingsPath(), 'wx')
> > File "/Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/dist.i386-apple-
> > darwin10.7.0/etc/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/utils.py", line
> > 759, in GetSettingsPath
> >
> > version = int(grass.version()['version'].split('.', 1)[0])
> > KeyError
> > :
> > 'version'

I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. It seems to me that you must have similar problems
whenever something is written to command output. I noticed some recent changes in r46915 done by Martin,
which could be related with this problem (could you look at it Martin please?).

Anna