[GRASS-dev] Re: display text in wxNviz

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:01:24 EDT 2011

Hello,
I'm sorry to disappoint You. I have no idea about X or OpenGL
programming. All I know is that XLoadQueryFont() returns NULL on valid
font names. On my Gentoo system xfontsel also doesn't work. (Are other
programs using different method to find system fonts for X?)

I would suggest to use Michaels suggestion - render legend on top of
the canvas by other means (if it's possible - no idea how 3D works in
wxgui). Leave north arrow as-is till somebody comes up with a solution
for text rendering in OGSF.

Maris.

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1216