[GRASS-dev] Segmentation fault using v.in.lidar

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:54:47 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM, <Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov> wrote:

>         In the short term, use the las2las command from liblas.org  to merge your .las files into a single las file and then process the one file.  You will have to watch out for the 4 billion point limit that is currently in the LAS file format, but for most folks that's not an issue.

In GRASS 6, the limit is somewhere lower than 2 billion features
because GRASS vector files can't be larger than 2GB. In GRASS 7, it
should depend only on whether GRASS was compiled with Large File
Support. In all GRASS versions, the limit with topology is at  2^31 -
1 (about 2 billion) features.

Markus M