[GRASS-dev] odd configure error on MacOS X

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jul 29 15:11:46 EDT 2011

Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> ... removing '--with-cairo-ldflags=-lfontconfig' allows configure to
> complete, and running make results in:

> Graph.c:19:23: error: cairo-svg.h: No such file or directory
>
> ... look like I need to do some more homework.

That header was never conditionalised, as the SVG back-end was assumed
to always be available. Likewise for PostScript and PDF.

In r47311, all of the back-end-specific headers are conditionalised
upon the appropriate feature macros; also, configure explicitly checks
for the various packages (cairo-ps, cairo-pdf, cairo-svg are treated
as separate packages by pkg-config).