[GRASS-dev] Principle G3D library question

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:27:40 EDT 2011

Hello Glynn,

2011/6/17 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

> Soeren Gebbert wrote:
>
>> What kind of coordinate system should be used in the g3d library?
>
> Make it match the 2d raster library. Row zero should be north; in the
> library, in the modules, in the file format, and in terms of
> externally-visible behaviour. E.g. this:

Well you just destroyed my dreams to finish the g3d library and
related modules next week. :)
I will try to implement the addressing to match 2d raster library ...
many test have to be rewritten and validated.

> Don't worry too much about compatibility; for 7.0, sanity comes first.

Ok.

> However: if the existing file format has row zero at the southern
> edge, then we should to be able to distinguish the new format from the
> old, and the library should be able to (transparently) read either (it
> doesn't necessarily need to be able to write the old format).

The problem is that i currently not completely understand the internal
tile caching algorithm. I will need more time to understand it in more
detail.

Best regards
Soeren