[GRASS-dev] GSoC Week 1 Report

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 07:06:00 EDT 2011

Margherita wrote:
> thanks for precious tips!

it is what we're here for. :)

> Do you think it's better to have a git hub repository or to commit on
> addons ?

personally I would suggest to commit directly to addons, but it is up to
you & your mentor to decide the best workflow.

> I don't want to mess addons repository with not working code..

that's what it's there for. :)

theory:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToContribute#WriteaccesstotheGRASS-Addons-SVNrepository

my method is to only add a working Makefile there when I feel the module
is ready for non-developers to use, but I think I might be alone in working
that way and don't ask that anyone follows that method.

Hamish