[GRASS-dev] Vect_*_fatal_error()

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 04:40:43 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/11/12 Wenzeslaus <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>:
> I know that this solution doesn't follow the idea of calling modules
> (and not using library directly), but now it seems to be much easier
> to do this change than rewrite parts of wxGUI which uses ctypes.

I am afraid that rewriting such wxGUI components with the number of
active developers (GRASS or better to wxGUI only) it's quite
unrealistic task. Moreover it would go against the integration
efforts. It would basically mean to separate eg. vector digitizer to
the standalone application similarly how worked old-fashioned
`v.digit` module. It means to make step(s) back (in my POV) and to
split the whole wxGUI to more standalone applications.

Martin