[GRASS-dev] grass 6.x g.extension install path layout simplification

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 04:27:15 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/11/24 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> For grass 6.x g.extension.sh installs into GRASS_ADDON_PATH, are there
> any objections to installing the addon man pages to e.g.
> ~/.grass6/addons/docs/man/ instead of ~/.grass6/addons/man/ ? I don't

I would keep manual pages where they are. At least the current
directory layout is synchronized with $GISBASE. Moving manual pages
somewhere else makes things less clear from my POV. Same with creating
extra symlinks for the binaries which eg. on Windows means to create a
copy of the file.

In GRASS7 we could move in $GISBASE `man` do `docs` directory. Don't
spend with GRASS 6 too much energy with minimal improvement.

Martin