[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1498: patch proposal: new option for v.category to copy category values from one layer to another

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 28 08:42:42 EST 2011

#1498: patch proposal: new option for v.category to copy category values from one
layer to another
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified  |
 category values from one layer to another.

 I don't think that it is a very invasive addition, but someone should
 probably check before we apply this to trunk. It could possibly also go
 into 6.5 as it doesn't break backwards compatibility.

 I used the word 'transfer' for this option as the way the parser works I
 needed a word with a different first letter than the others, and 'c'(opy)
 was already taken by 'c'(hlayer).

 On thing I did not put in is a way how to work with type=area. I just exit
 with a message proposing to use type=centroid to copy category values for
 areas. If someone wants to implement the same with type=area working,
 please do so.

 Moritz

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1498>