[GRASS-dev] Fedora 16 6.4 release branch 49406 and RC2 failure

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Nov 28 10:34:03 EST 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Roger Bivand wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Markus Metz wrote:
>
>> Roger Bivand wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I first tried 6.4.2 RC2, now also checked out SVN 49406, with the same
>>> result. With fresh Fedora 16, building from source (with 6.4.1 the proj
>>> arguments were never needed), there is trouble loading the GUI:
>>
>> wxNviz has been disabled only 3 days ago in 6.4, latest svn works for
>> me with Fedora 16. This is not a real solution to
>
> Martin wrote on Friday that he had disabled wxNviz in relbr64 at r49360, so I
> assumed that by checking out r49406, I would avoid the problem I had seen in
> the RC2 tarball. Am I missing a dependency that is not being trapped by
> configure? Why does a post-r49360 checkout from:
>
> svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4
> grass64_release
>
> still try to build wxnviz? Where should I look to see which files were
> changed by r49360 on the server, so that I can compare with the ones I
> checked out?

The file on my checkout and currently shown from:

http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/nviz.py

has lines 31-33:

     import wxnviz
     # disable wxNviz for 6.4.2
     # TODO: backport wxNviz from devbr6 *after* releasing 6.4.2
     haveNviz = False

but this doesn't seem OK for my context. The problem is the failure at:

     errtype = CFUNCTYPE(UNCHECKED(c_int), String, c_int)
NameError: name 'UNCHECKED' is not defined

so the import wxnwiz fails, doesn't it? Is just setting haveNviz = False
enough?

Roger

--
Roger Bivand