[GRASS-dev] error in dialog box when adding map

Sylvain Maillard sylvain.maillard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 12:44:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

I noticed an error that exist only in the french version (I test it in
English and German): in the dialog box when you choose a map in the
selection list, the result should be "your_map at your_mapset". But here it is
"your_map at de carte : your_mapset". the french translation of "mapset" is
"jeux de carte", so it looks like GRASS is translating and cutting the name
a a variable instead of retrieving its value ...
it make the dialog box totally unusable, unless you delete manually the
wrong part in the map name !

does anyone know where the selection list is coded and if there is some
string that could be in a .po file ? as it's happening only in french, I
thing the bug sould be located in a french .po file, but I wasn't able to
find it ...

this bug doesn't exist in the official 6.4.1 release, but appear in every
branch now (6.4-svn, 6.5 and 7)!

cheers,
Sylvain