[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 scripts overhaul

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 5 10:11:03 EDT 2011

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tested almost all GRASS 7 scripts and fixed a lot of them (mostly
> broken in the parser part).
>
> To all relevant (most) I have added North Carolina examples for easier
> testing.
>
> This set of modules I did not manage to fix:

[snip]

> * v.out.gps -t input=railroads output=trail.gpx
> [nothing happens...]
> ^CTraceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/neteler/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/scripts/m.proj",
> line 278, in <module>
>    main()
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/neteler/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/scripts/v.out.gps",
> line 316, in <module>
>    main()
>  File "/home/neteler/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/scripts/v.out.gps",
> line 207, in main
>    p2.stdin.write(line)
> KeyboardInterrupt

I think the piping from p1 to p2 is broken because the scripts tries
to sneak in between p1.stdout and p2.stdin and p2 is maybe getting
confused.

Considering that OGR supports writing out gpx or anything gpsbabel
supports, v.out.gps tries to do what v.out.ogr can already do? So why
not getting rid of v.out.gps? Removing a module for a change would be
nice;-)

Markus M