[GRASS-dev] v.bd.addtable

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Sep 16 02:27:20 EDT 2011

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Martin Landa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2011/9/15 Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no>:
>> #% type: integer
>>
>> is missing in the 6.4 release branch for the interface description of layer
>
> fixed in r48304.

Hi,

Thanks, see below.

>> in v.db.addtable around line 36. It is in trunk, and in 6.4.1 released.
>> Without it, the type is inferred to be string.
>
> Note that in GRASS7 layer is a string. It supports layer names (not
> only layer numbers) and OGR layer names when accessing external data
> directly using OGR [1].

It is in v.in.ogr etc. But in trunk/scripts/v.db.addtable/v.db.addtable.py
line 35 is #% type: integer for layer - was this intended?

> v.db.addtable --interface-description
         <parameter name="layer" type="integer" required="no" multiple="no">
                 <description>
                         Layer number where to add new attribute table
                 </description>
                 <default>
                         1
                 </default>
                 <guisection>
                         Definition
                 </guisection>
         </parameter>

> v.to.db --interface-description
         <parameter name="layer" type="string" required="yes"
multiple="no">
                 <label>
                         Layer number or name (write to)
                 </label>
                 <description>
                         A single vector map can be connected to multiple
database tables. This number determines which table to use. Layer name for
direct OGR access.
                 </description>
                 <gisprompt age="old" element="layer" prompt="layer" />
                 <default>
                         1
                 </default>
         </parameter>

The 6/7 change here breaks spgrass6 and forces version check, so I'd
rather I could rely on layer always being integer in 6 and string in 7
everywhere it occurs.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand