[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #548: grass7 - v.reclass with sqlite driver: "Cannot step: SQL logic error or missing database"

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Sep 17 10:46:32 EDT 2011

#548: grass7 - v.reclass with sqlite driver: "Cannot step: SQL logic error or
missing database"
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert          |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified       |
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Comment(by mmetz):

 Replying to [comment:11 mmetz]:
 > Replying to [comment:10 mmetz]:
 > >
 > > Debugging a bit, the problem of v.reclass with the sqlite driver seems
 to be that the same database is opened twice (once by each driver
 instance), which causes database locking, therefore it is not possible to
 use one driver instance to fetch records from one table and use another
 driver instance to insert records into another table, all in the same
 sqlite database.

 > Now it's possible, the other driver just has to wait a little bit until
 the first driver is finished.

 Correction, only now (trunk r48333) it's possible. There were more bugs,
 both in v.reclass and in the sqlite driver.

 A test, within the sqlite mapset of nc_spm_08:
 {{{
 g.copy vect=zipcodes_wake,my_zipcodes_wake
 v.dissolve input=my_zipcodes_wake at sqlite layer=1 column=ZIPNAME
 output=zip_names
 }}}

 Markus M

--