[GRASS-dev] wxGUI changing resolution incorrectly

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Apr 12 19:23:05 EDT 2012

This is really odd.

I've been using GRASS 7 (compiled yesterday) trying to patch together a 90m DEM with ocean data downscaled from an ETOP2 DEM.

I repeatedly was getting files with a resulting resolution of NS Res: 0:00:50.139276  and EW Res: 0:00:53.20197 even though I repeatedly set the resolution to 3 arc sec using g.region.

I've discovered that this is what happens if I interpolate points, resample rasters, patch rasters, or run r.shaded.relief (a script) using GUI versions of GRASS modules.

But if I do EXACTLY the same thing from the terminal command line--even with copying the commands from the GUI--I get the proper 90m (3 arc sec) resolution.

Anyone have any idea what is happening here? This is potentially serious for analysis.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University