[GRASS-dev] Re: code examples

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:14:26 EDT 2012

Hi.

Thanks for the answers, but I feel I need to explain myself a bit better.

I'm not looking for example codes (like r.example or v.example), I'm looking for _real_ code,
but more specifically, some piece of code that was wrote in a way that my look confusing
to a beginner programmer, but that is well explained in the comments.

for instance, (python):

> actual code:
# remove file extensions, join all names and remove white spaces (all at once)
self.nomMerge = 'Merge_' + ''.join(['' if i == ' ' else i for i in '_'.join([i[:-4] for i in nomMerge])]) + '.txt'

> explained in comments:
#        this line is the same as:
#        a = [i[:-4] for i in nomMerge] # remove file extensions
#        b = '_'.join(a) # first join
#        c = ['' if i == ' ' else i for i in b] # remove white spaces
#        d = '_'.join(c) # second join
#        e = 'Merge_' + d + '.txt'

I don't speak C or C++, but I know this kind of situation can happen, so
I'm looking for examples such as the above but in C, or C++

best

Carlos

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Geosciences - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil

http://carlosgrohmann.com (http://carlosgrohmann.com/)
Can’t stop the signal.