[GRASS-dev] too many branches

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:07:07 PDT 2012

2012/8/22 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> er, we _are_ focusing our energy on GRASS 7 development... ?

just check new features implemented in grass7 and you will find out
who from developers is focused on grass7. If _we_ would be really be
focused on grass7, this version would be probably already released,
after 4 years of development, we can hardly say when this version will
be released and which fundamentally new features is going to be
implemented in the next months (who knows about major refactoring
2D/3D raster libs).

>> Is there any comparison of devbr6 a relbr64? I am pretty sure
>> that many changes, fixes which has been committed to devbr6
>> were not applied later in relbr64.
>
> very serious question: does it matter? if it is a serious bug

yes it is, we lost track what is in devbr6, what is going to be
backported, what we forgot to backport. This is serious point, if you
think it doesn't matter, then I am starting to understand why you want
to keep devbr6 alive ;-)

[...]

I have nothing more to say about that, Martin