[GRASS-dev] too many branches

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 22 06:18:32 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/8/22 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
>>> Is there any comparison of devbr6 a relbr64?

Yes:
diff -ru --exclude=".svn" grass64_release grass65_release

To even exclude the timestamp differences in the HTML pages:
diff -ru --exclude=".svn" --exclude=".html" grass64_release
grass65_release  | wc -l
856878

Not really the same :)

>>> I am pretty sure
>>> that many changes, fixes which has been committed to devbr6
>>> were not applied later in relbr64.
>>
>> very serious question: does it matter? if it is a serious bug

Yes: most tickets I have indicated earlier which contain a backport
promise are relevant.

I have gone before every GRASS 6 release through this branch
differences. It took me every time days. And I start to not have
that time any more to catch up with incomplete tickets... (see above).

And yes, energy should go of course into GRASS 7.

MarkusN