[GRASS-dev] saving images from display in winGRASS6.4.2

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Wed Aug 22 11:13:50 PDT 2012

in the current stable release I am getting the the following error
when trying to save the image from the display. We did not have the
problem in 6.4.1 and I am wondering whether it is fixed in 6.4.3,

thanks Helena

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS
6.4.2\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\mapdisp.py", line 1159, in
SaveToFile

width, height)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS
6.4.2\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\mapdisp_window.py", line 575,
in SaveToFile

dc = wx.BufferedPaintDC(self, ibuffer)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS 6.4.2\Python27\lib
\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_gdi.py", line 4990, in
__init__

_gdi_.BufferedPaintDC_swiginit(self,_gdi_.new_BufferedPaintD
C(*args, **kwargs))
wx._core
.
PyAssertionError
:
C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed at
..\..\src\msw\dcclient.cpp(219) in wxPaintDC::wxPaintDC():
wxPaintDC may be created only in EVT_PAINT handler!

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/8/22 Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com>:
>>> just check new features implemented in grass7 and you will find out
>>> who from developers is focused on grass7. If _we_ would be really be
>>
>> I have a clear focus on grass7 and do not backport any new features or
>
> [...]
>
> I didn't what to note any names. I am sure that everyone is doing his
> best. It's free software ;-) Yeap, Soeren is one of the most active
> grass7 devs :-)
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208