[GRASS-dev] too many branches

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 24 15:22:00 PDT 2012

Martin,

I agree.
I think we have too many issues with 6.4* that need to be resolved quickly that we can start thinking about grass7
after we have a stable (in the sense as described by Glynn)
version of GRASS  that people can download and that works.

Currently, we have stable GRASS6.4.2, but it is not very useable on Windows
and GRASS6.4.3 changes every day so students have different versions depending on when they downloaded
and addressing any issues that they may have gets messy pretty quickly.
Moreover, there are issues with Mac binaries as well.

Helena