[GRASS-dev] too many branches

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 02:09:52 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 6.4.3 is planned for September. As I wrote earlier creating release
> branch for G7 at this stage of development is too early (from my POV).
> I would say that we could create this branch later in the beginning of
> 2013. It's not really connected to GRASS 6.

+1
I did not want to suggest to release GRASS 7, I just wanted to note
that trunk is currently quite robust and often performing better than
GRASS 6 even though trunk is unstable in the sense that heavy changes
can happen any time.

Of course, efforts should be directed to fix the remaining blocker and
critical bugs in relbr64 first.

Markus M